April 8, 2013

Hawaiian Cruise

Jeremy and I went on a cruise this year with his parents, Aunt Marie, and Uncle Von.  It was a Hawaiian 14 night cruise.  We were very excited!  We had never been on a cruise, and according to everyone we had talked to it was the best vacation ever.  We both have always wanted to go to Hawaii, but wasn't sure which Island we would like to visit, so we figured a cruse would be a good way to find that out.  We had two stops on the big Island, Hilo & Kona.  One stop on the island of Maui, and One stop on the island of Oahu.  Here's just a few photo's of the exciting trip.

 The old people, lounging by the pool, although it was chilly, it was still very relaxing.
 Me with Rondel Sheridan, he was one of the performers on the ship.  He was soooo hilarious.  I've never laughed so hard in my life.  He was very engaged with the audience, and even made a joke about Uncle Von.  Another entertainer that I loved was David Klinkenberg who is a violinist, and was amazing!!!!!




View across the ship at night.

 
Ok, we are finally here!!!!!  This was my first view of Hawaii, and I have to admit I cried.  I was so happy to see land, especially after being at sea for so many days.  Our first stop was in Hilo.  There we toured the Volcano's National Park.  We took a very crowded bus, and stopped at a Lava Tube, which was way cool, the went to the top of Mauna Kea Volcano.  We also toured Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut factory, which was delicious!!!!  Of course we had a to buy a few to enjoy.  While we were there it rained.  I guess Hilo is one of the wettest cities on earth.  Our bus drivers name was Dennis, and he was fat and didn't have his front teeth.  He called us all cousins, and ended his sentences with "Ok Cousins"  He taught us some Hawaiian words.  I'll post them later on.  Here's just a few pictures of this stop.





On the way to Kona, we drove past the mauna Kea Volcano spill out (I guess that's what you call it)  The captain was able to get really close, so we could see it really well.  It was amazing.  The captain was able to do a 360 with the ship, so everyone could see it.  The picture does not do it justice, trust me it was an amazing sight.

 This is Kona, one of my favorite ports.  It was such a darling town. One of my favorites, it is someplace i would love to visit again.  At this port we visited the temple, ate a huge snow cone, that was so delicious, swam in the ocean, and shopped.
 this is a pictures of all of us on the taxi boat.  I have to laugh, because i was standing by the shower button, and accidentaly hit it while we were getting off and gave uncle Von and unexpected shower.  Ha Ha!!!




 Picture of our ship
 Our cabin boys were really cute, and left us animals a few of the nights.

 Here we are in Maui,  this was also one of my favorite stops.  Here we hiked to some waterfall, and did some shopping.  The island was so beautiful, and we saw a lot of whales, which was really cool.

 
 
The last port was Oahu'  We stopped in Honolulu, and the went to the Polynesian Cultural Center, which I loved!!!  I think i loved it because it was built by the church, and it had such a warm and inviting spirit there.  After being on a cruise ship where they offer you alcohol with everything, it was nice change.
 
After another 5 days at sea, we stopped in Encinada, Mexico.  We got of the ship only to go into the gift shops right in the port.  I was impressed at how clean and nice the port was.
 
Overall, the cruise was fabulous, there was always something going on, and if you wanted to be busy, you could find something to do.  I enjoyed making Kakui nut lays, with the cute Hawaiian ambassador June, and most of the entertainment was really enjoyable.  I would definitely do it again!!!
 
Here are the Hawaiian words I learned:  some may be spelled wrong, but here they are anyway!!!
Mi la Mipono-  Take Care
Ahuiho- Til we meet again
Miakii- All is good
Shaka Shaka- Hang loose
Ma halo- Thank You
Ohana- Family
Pi pi- Cow
Pupu- Ordurves
Ono- Good or Delicious

No comments: