There's a lot of talk
about angels these days
and about all the things
people say they can do.
It's not always easy
to know what to believe,
but it certainly
would be nice to have
a few angels in our lives.
I picture them as being
near us day and night
and especially whenever
life seems trying and difficult.
Excerpt of a Hallmark Card written by Eva Allen-(my Mother's Aunt)
Given to us from my Mom
Today is Lucy's Birthday. But unlike most birthday's we don't celebrate with candles, cake, and balloons. Today we ponder and remember the few hours that we shared with her during her life on this earth. I always think about how perfect and beautiful her lips were. I wonder if she heard our voices, or if she could smell the beautiful perfume while in her Grandmother's arms. Did she know she was surrounded by people who loved her?
Every year on Lucy's birthday I like to go through her memory book and read the cards that were given to us by our friends and family. I can remember and feel the love and prayers that was shown and given for our family, and I am grateful for each one. It's wonderful to have such great support during a difficult time, and we couldn't have gotten thru it without your love. It is a comfort knowing that Lucy is in Heaven with our Savior, and that she will be a part of our family forever. I know that she is surrounded by family and friends that love her, and that she is with us in our hearts and our memories. We are fortunate to have a beautiful little angel watching over our family.
Lucy LaRee
January 28th, 2005

7 comments:
It's hard to know what to say, so I will just say this. We are so sorry for the loss of Lucy, I cannot imagine the pain and heartache this has caused for you and Jeremy. We love you so much and I admire you as a Mom and as a person. I am so glad that we can have the knowledge that you will be with Lucy again. Thanks for being such a good example of faith and love.
ShaLayne..I am so sorry. I didn't know that you had a daughter that passed. I too don't know what to say, but know that you are thought of today and thank goodness for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that families are forever and that you will see Lucy again.
What a special day to be able to sit and ponder our Heavenly Fathers plan of Salvation. Lucy is with you and watching over your family. Happy Birthday Lucy!
Thank you for sharing. So sweet!
The pain and empty arms of losing a baby is only understood by few. May those few hours that you spent with your Lucy and knowing where she is be comforting to you. Thanks for sharing that beautiful poem.
My thoughts are with you Shalayne. That must have been such a trial. It must be nice to know that she is up there in Heaven watching down and that you will get to hold her again someday.
Sweet ShaLayne, I am so sorry. You guys are great examples of not dwelling on the sadness but instead focusing on the fact that you ARE a forever family. Love you guys.
Post a Comment