1. Swimming at Grandma's house
2. FHE Lesson
3. Making and eating a yummy treat. (Chocolate Lava Cake, Delish!!)
That was the plan. Instead, it went like this.
After sending dad off to work, we headed to Grandma's pool. The kids were having a fun time swimming, then I heard a sound that I dread hearing. Crying, the crying was coming from Logan who was being carried out of the pool by Maddy. Then I saw blood gushing from his chin. That is one of my worst fears. I have always been worried that one of my kids would crack their head open on the side of the pool. My kids think that it's so fun to jump into the pool, which I agree it is, but only when you jump from the right place. I've told Logan many times to watch where he is jumping, because he usually likes to try to land on someone, or jump right by the stairs. Well, obviously he didn't listen. After surveying his injury, I decided that it was very wide, so a band aid would not suffice. So off Logan and I went to quick care, where he received 3 stitches. I would like to add what a Brave and Strong boy he was. He only cried for a minute when he got out of the pool, and when we went into the Dr's office, he acted like nothing was even wrong. The nurse had to ask me why we were there (I know they usually do that, but I figured he would be kicking, screaming, and crying, and it would be very obvious. Not to mention the blood.) But Logan just sat there eating his sucker that Grandma had given him. He was such a good boy up until the time they had to hold him down (AKA Wrap him up like a burrito) to numb around the wound so they could give him stitches. That was very heartbreaking. I could tell he was so afraid, and it was hard for me to watch. After the stitches, and the nurses instructions, we went to Wendy's for a yummy frosty, which made everything all better. So we didn't get to have our FHE lesson, or yummy treat (except for Logan) but I guess there's always next week. Maybe I should have done the lesson first, and this wouldn't have happened. Lesson Learned! Thanks Grandma & Aunt Karen for watching Maddy, Austin & Ally while we were at the Dr's office.
Here is a picture of Logan's stitches.
I don't want to gross you out with the other pictures. I'm sure you can imagine what it looked like.
3 comments:
Well that just sounded like quite the exciting evening! I have a scar on my chin from where I busted it open as a kid and screamed so much they could only get one stitch in! He is a brave kid!
Cute background, too, by the way!
Chics dig scars right? And I bet you were proud of your tough little guy.
Post a Comment