May 10, 2009

My Wonderful Mothers

Today is the day that we HONOR our Mothers. I would like to dedicate this post to the Wonderful Mother's that have blessed me in my life.


First off-- My Mom Dianne-- You are always so full of ambition and love. I hope that one day I will grow up to be like you. We love every moment that we spend at your house- although it's not been much lately. The kids are always so sad when it is time to leave to go back home. Thanks for all of the love and support that you give us through the good times, as well as the bad. We couldn't have done it without you. Thanks for teaching me how to be a good mom.

Next--Jeremy's Mom Evelyn-- You are such a joy to be around. The kids are always so excited to come to your house to swim or just hang out. We are so fortunate to live so close to you, and thanks for letting us drop-in whenever we want. We appreciate all that you do for us. You are always so supportive in all that we do. The kids are always so excited to see you cheering on the sidelines.

Next we have-- Grandma Stewart. Jeremy loves telling the kids the stories of his summer's spent at your house. Thanks for keeping him safe- even though I'm sure it was hard. We love you.
NOW We can't forget-- Grandma Lou, Grandma Harmer, and Grandma Jo.
We love and miss you so very much. Thanks for raising such wonderful mothers.


And finally- my post wouldn't be complete without thanking my Father in Heaven who has blessed me with the opportunity to be a mother. Thanks for trusting me with a few of your children to love, and to teach, and to raise. I pray each day that I can be a great mom--just like the ones you have blessed me with.


Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

MelTheo said...

Great tribute Shalayne! You are the kind of patient, anti-yelling, mellow, wonderful mother that we ALL want to be. I really admire you.

Could you teach a class or something??? :)

Anonymous said...

THANKS!!!!!! mom