April 9, 2009

Jeremy's favorite vacation!! NOT

We have worked long and hard, but are excited to say that our backyard is finished. (except for a few minor details.) I think we did a pretty good job. We are NO professionals, and we didn't want to over extend our budget, so we tried to be frugal, yet still put into effect what we wanted. We wanted a spot for a garden (home grown tomatoes are the best), and lots of colorful flower's, fruit tree's, and a fountain. We are trying our luck in blackberries, and strawberries too. The kids loved working with us, they weren't afraid to get their hands dirty, and I can't count how many rocks they picked. We tried to utilize the rocks that we found buried in our backyard by arranging them around our pond & water fall. We still need to find a few more to finish it up, but it worked out nice not having to buy rocks. The kids also loved picking out a favorite flower for the flower box. It was funny watching them go back and forth between all of the different flowers trying to pick the perfect one. We'll here is our backyard for now. We still need to finish the walkways, and Jeremy is wanting a patio cover, and I want new patio furniture, but all in due time.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Backyard
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

5 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

congratulations! Looks great!

i said...

what a nice layout!!! isn't it a great feeling to get it done!!! :)

Laura said...

Wow! It looks great! I especially love the hoops court! How fun to have pretty flowers and the fruits of your labors just outside your door!

Jenny B said...

Great Job! I bet it is nice to have it "done"!

Unknown said...

Aren't you so glad it is all done? I know we are. Looks good-I'll have to come see it in person and in the daylight!