November 9, 2008

Our new Addition!!

HA HA Fooled Ya!! You thought I was expecting??? I am not, I just wanted to freak you out. My kids were so excited Saturday morning when I came home with a hamster cage and all the fixings. Now that I work on Saturday mornings, I like to stop by a few garage sale's on my way home. Well yesterday, I found a great deal, a hamster cage, food, bedding, a fence, a ball, and a bunch of other goodies for only $2.00. Is that a deal or what??? I almost passed it up, because I am not an animal lover (especially one that looks like a mouse). I really don't like the smell or the mess. But my kids love animal's, and were begging for a pet, so I gave in. They are so happy. We did run into a few problems. We got the Guinea pig from my niece & nephew (whose Guinea pig had babies). I didn't realize there was a difference between a hamster and a Guinea pig, and I bought a hamster/gerbil cage (it was a great deal ya know). It's been okay so far, and Salt (that's our Guinea pig's name) fit's just fine for now. He hasn't been in his house very often anyway, because my kids keep holding him all the time. I told them that they could upgrade Salt's cage by doing extra chores around the house. Madison is already asking what she can do to earn more money so she can buy a new cage for Salt, and a new gerbil for the smaller cage. Oh boy, what did I do??? I have to admit Salt is pretty cute, as long as he is in his cage, and not running loose in my house!!

4 comments:

i said...

we only do fish....so far at least!

Unknown said...

You are such a nice mom! I don't think I could sleep at night if I knew one of those things were in my house-I have a huge phobia of rodent-like animals! What we do to please our kids-huh? BTW-Thanks for helping me out this weekend-how did everything go?

Erika said...

Wow Shalayne, you are a much nicer mom than I am. All the pets we've had I end up taking care of even after they all cry "we promise mom we will take care of it" (yes, even Clark cries and makes that promise). Well, I am not falling for that one anymore! Yes, Salt is very cute, in the pictures that is enough for me!!!

tara @ kidz said...

Just stopping by through A Daily Scoop and I'm glad I did.