November 2, 2008

Allyson Turns 7 Years Old



I can't believe that my little Allyson is 7 years old today. It seems like yesterday that I was lying in a hospital bed, trying to decide on her name. We tried to make her day special, but I felt bad, because with church, and Jeremy having to work, it felt a little rushed. We started off with church where the primary kids sang to her, and she was given M&M's as a special birthday treat. Then after church, mom fixed a quick lunch until her birthday dinner could be prepared. Then she finally was able to open her presents (because we had church at 9-o'clock) She had so much fun opening her presents, and was so grateful for each one. I was a little worried, because she didn't care what she got for her birthday, so I had to pick things that I thought she would like. She was given a soft HSM3 snuggle blanket, a shirt, and some body spray from her Grandpa & Grandma S. Her Grandma F. made a fun quilt for her bed. (Thank You Grandpa & Grandma's) Jeremy and I gave her Tinkerbell the movie, a mermaid doll -that she can swim with in the bathtub, a Tinkerbell puzzle, a necklace, and clothes. After her dinner of BBQ chicken, baked potato's and corn, she blew out the 7 candles on her chocolate cake with fluffy white frosting. Tonight she has enjoyed watching her Tinkerbell movie--so cute--, putting her puzzle together, and playing with her new mermaid--in the tub of course. Later this week Maddy and I are taking Ally & a few of her friends to see HSM3. Should be a fun night. Allyson has such a sweet spirit, and is such a joy to have around. We are so blessed, and love having Allyson in our family. Happy Birthday Ally!!
Check out her Loot!!
Who wants Cake????

2 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Happy Birthday Ally! Sorry we couldn't be there... but we love you so much!

Mike and Alleen said...

I can't believe she's 7. I remember staying at the hospital that night she was born and I was so excited to hold her. What a sweet little girl!