December 29, 2009

Maddy's Winter Break Excitement

Maddy's Christmas present this year was a nice green cast & crutches!! She was rollerblading in the house, when I heard a thump. She was laid out on her back, and complaining that her ankle was hurting. (I'm surprised she didn't hurt her back, it just knocked the breath out of her.) I helped her get the roller blades off, then after a few hours of ice, and still not being able to put any pressure on it, we headed to Quick Care. After taking x-ray's it was determined that her ankle was broken. At that point her leg was splinted, and she was given crutches (that were to short for her, but she made do with them for the weekend.) We had plans to spend Christmas at Grandpa & Grandma's house in Utah, so we went ahead with our plans since the next day was Christmas Eve, and no Dr's offices were open until after Christmas.

Christmas Eve at Grandma's House


On Monday we saw her Orthopedic Dr., and her leg was put in a cast(she chose a nice shade of green). So far she is getting along really good with the crutches. I often find her hopping around the house when she gets tired of her crutches. She has some great friends at school that will help her carry her books, plus she gets out of class 5 min. early so she can get to her next class on time. So far, she hasn't complained much (maybe an itch once in a while), and I think she is enjoying the extra attention. This will definitely be a Winter Break we won't forget!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Poor Maddie, lol. Did she end up getting her original Christmas present and just being tortured by it? I hope she heals quickly!