January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

On New Years Eve, the kids and I were invited to 2 parties, and we wanted to attend both, so the kids and I decided to party hop. After scooting Jeremy out the door for work (boy was he excited) we started the partying off early with ice cream at McD's with Ashley and her kids. The kids were able to burn up their energy and excitement for the upcoming night, and I was able to chat and catch up with Ashley. Then we were off to Alleens house for junk food and fun. The kids were entertained by the Wii and all of their exciting new Christmas toys, and I was able to relax and visit with Alleen and Jessica (whose husband were also working). I feel like we've all been so busy that we haven't been able to hang out much, so it was a lot of fun.

After a while we left and went to our neighbors party. When we arrived the adults were playing rock band, while the kids watched a movie upstairs. They made me jump right in with singing (which I really don't like doing). I survived my first song (a Bon Jovi song that I hadn't heard in years) then I tried out the guitar. After a while the kids took over rock band (my kids of course) while the adults played games and watched the fireworks on TV. I was so disappointed by the firework show on the strip. Jeremy said that people were booing they were so bad. After the lame firework show, we played one more game, before walking home. I haven't stayed up that late in a long time, but it was worth it, spending time with friends and family.

Our New Years day was spent sleeping in, playing outside with friends, and packing for a weekend getaway. What a great way to start the New Year off. I hope that you all had a fun and safe night. We wish you the best for 2009.

No comments: