Living in the desert, this is something that is rarely seen. It has been snowing since noon today, and is not expected to stop until sometime tomorrow. As of 6 p.m. we had 5 inches of snow, and it's still snowing!! We had so much fun throwing snow balls and playing in the snow, the kids were trying to build a snowman (which didn't get completed--maybe tomorrow he'll be standing.) Jer decided to bring out the 4-wheeler and take the kids in the neighborhood on a slippery ride. We were outside almost all day until it got really dark. We did take a few hot chocolate breaks, and I went inside to make the chicken noodle soup and crescent rolls (and dry the mittens and beanies.) We have had so much fun, and my hands are still cold. I don't know about anyone else, but this has made me so excited for Christmas. Hopefully the snow will stick around for Santa's delivery. Here's a bunch of pictures that I took throughout the day. I hope you enjoy them.
Logan outside at the first sign of snowflakes
Snow lightly falling.
This was around 1:30 p.m.
Jer. had to take the truck out 4-wheeling.
Trying to roll the giant dirty snowball.
I'm cold mom, make me some hot cocoa!!
Jeremy helping our neighbor who got stuck on his Jazzy
FREE 4-wheeler rides!!
Watch out for flying snowballs!
Logan was exhausted and crashed in a blanket in the garage.
Our Christmas lights covered with snow.
Check out the snow. This was at 6 p.m.
****News Alert******
School has been cancelled. YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!!!!
We love snow days!! I don't think we've ever had one before!!
8 inches of snow at 10 p.m. where we live. WOW!!!!!
Enjoy your day, and drive safely!!
4 comments:
Woah! I don't even know what to say! That is just bizarre! Global warming? I think not! I'm glad that you guys took this as an opportunity to play as a family. That looks so much fun! I feel like I have not seen you all forever. I sure miss you! Love you!
Whoop, sorry. Posted that twice. I'm such a computer genius:)
You guys look like we do now! We are getting this storm today, but it definitely is not as uncommon for us to get it here. Looks like the kids had fun!!
Post a Comment