After our chocolate factory visit, I fixed a yummy dinner (while Jer watched the football game--another reason he stayed home from work), and then we read the Christmas story from the Bible. We let the kids open a couple of early presents (one's that they would all enjoy). They received a Wii game, and Bendaroo's. They spent most of the evening playing with their new gift's. After they were done playing, the kids wanted to sleep out by the Christmas tree, so we pulled out the couch bed, and cot and they slept in the front room by the tree. We had fun telling Christmas stories, listening to Christmas music, and enjoying the lights on the tree. Mom & Dad fell asleep for a while, but then opted for a more comfortable bed.
On Christmas eve, the kids played with their neighbor friends, and Maddy and I did some very last minute shopping. One of our traditions is allowing the kids to open a Christmas Eve gift. It's the same thing every year, and they can enjoy it all night. They opened them before Jer left for work, so he could see what they received. And no surprise, they were PJ's. Grandma F. picked out the Christmas Eve PJ's, and she did a fabulous job. I think they are super cute!! Thanks Mom, you have great taste.
The kids and I had a fun night tracking Santa, eating yummy snacks, working on our Christmas puzzle, and watching Christmas movies. We'll I think my kids are finally asleep, and I need to do some more gift wrapping, so I better stop wasting my time on the computer. It's going to be a late night!!!
Merry Christmas from the Stewart Family
2 comments:
Merry Christmas! I'm so glad that you always take every opportunity to make special memories with your kids. I cherish times like that from my childhood. Your kids are so lucky to have you for a Mom. I love and admire you so much.
yea,the jammies are cute! i especially love allyson's!
Post a Comment