The kids have really enjoyed Grandpa & Grandma's Pool this summer. We are sad to see the warm weather coming to an end. Allyson has shed her fear of the water, and become an excellent swimmer. She loves to dive for rings, do tricks off the side, and go for piggyback rides on Maddy's back. They are becoming quite the show girls. I should probably look into synchronized swimming lessons. Sorry I didn't take any pictures, so you'll have to take my word on it.
WATCH OUT HERE I COME!!
I could stay here forever!
------------------------------------------------
Logan loves the water, and scares mom and dad to death. He will jump in regardless of what he is wearing, and weather or not mom and dad says it is okay. At the beginning of the summer, he would just sit on the stairs, but then one day, he decided to just dive in. He floated around on the bottom for a few seconds, then he kicked around trying to get to the surface until dad pulled him up. He thought it was so much fun. He would not stop doing it, so we finally had to put 2 life jacket's on him (One wouldn't hold him up). Now he can just bob around, but still put his head in the water and pretend like he is swimming. We have been trying to teach him to kick his legs and arms, so he can learn how to swim, but without the life jackets, he still just sinks to the bottom. I don't want to rely on the life jacket all the time, but it's difficult to teach a 2 year old how to swim, especially when they are fearless. Next year he must be enrolled in swimming lessons. Mom has found a few gray hair's thanks to Logan. I worry every time we go to Grandma's house, because he can also open the back sliding door. Don't worry (MOM), there is an alarm that goes off after 3 seconds when the door is opened and a button is not pushed, so we would know if he ever tried to escape, but the fear is still there. Simply, because I know how fast he is. Here are some pictures of him enjoying the water.
Get ready to catch me!!
This is the life!!
------------------------------------------------------
Maddy is my little fish. She would live in the water if I let her. Everyday, she begs to go swimming. What am I going to do when it gets cold?? She is also a big help with Logan, and loves to take him for piggy back rides.

CANNON BALL
------------------------------------------------------
Austin also loves diving for rings, and doing trick off the side of the pool. He has become a really strong swimmer and is really trying to learn all of the swimming strokes. He loved watching Michael Phelps swim, and we told him that if he really worked hard, he could be just like him. After all, we are hoping he will be tall, and he's already got big feet and long arms, so who knows maybe he's built to be a swimmer. I guess time will tell. For now, he just likes teasing his sister's, mom, and grandma.
1 comment:
Hey guy's I feel the same way about it getting to cold to swimming, it has been a great way to get my kids to do their chores if they know they get to go swimming afterwards. Take care I love to look at your blog, you have done a great job putting it together.
Post a Comment