July 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Austin!!!

Yesterday was Austin's 9th Birthday. What a fun day we had. I spent the day making his cake, wrapping presents and decorating the house while he unfortunately went to school. Sad sad times we live in when kids have to go to school on their birthdays. I let him take a treat to share with all of his friends, so I guess that made it better.

As soon as he walked through the door, he was ready to open presents.
I know, that was mean to make him wait, but he wouldn't have been able to play with anything before school.


After opening his presents, he enjoyed his after school snack (dirt cups) his request. I know, it's not the most healthiest snack, but hey, it's a special day.


Then the Wii excitement began. After a few hours of playing (Carnival and Lego Indiana Jones),
We ate his special requested dinner (Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and Mashed Potatoes), followed by Yummy carrot cake!
He ended the night driving his new Camero around, and playing with water balloons. We love Austin. And we are very thankful to have him in our family.

2 comments:

i said...

I can't believe how old he is getting...Seems like it was recent that I was his sunbeam teacher! I love the dirt cups! So cute!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Austin! Looks like you had a great day-what a good Mom you have to make you all of your favorite things-everything sounded yummy!