July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a fun fourth of July weekend. We went to my home town of Panguitch Utah. The kids always have so much fun when we go to Grandma & Grandpa's house. On the 4th of July, we woke up and rushed down to main street to watch a 10 min. parade. We had to wonder if it was even worth getting ready for. It's a good thing that we were not late. Afterwards, the kids played on the slip-n-slide and jumped on the trampoline. They had such a fun time, and the weather was so perfect. After a delicious BBQ, we ventured out on a 4 hour ATV ride. The ride was a lot of fun, and the scenery was outstanding. After returning home, the fun came to a halt. Klyn (my nephew) was running into the house to eat his Mac & Cheese, when he tripped and hit his head on the back step. So we rushed him to the ER, where he received several stitches. When it was time to watch the fireworks, we were all to exhausted to drive anywhere, so we watched them from the backyard. Saturday morning, I went to breakfast with Alleen & Sally(who I haven't seen in about 4 years). We had a great time visiting, and remembering the good ol' days. We also got started on planning our 15 year class reunion. Jeremy and the kids helped Grandpa at the farm, then we packed up and headed for home. We decided to take the scenic route home, and drove over the mountain past Panguitch Lake, and Brian Head. It is such a beautiful drive, and the kids loved looking for deer. I just love going home, where I can let the kids run free in the backyard, enjoy a buggy ride around town, and just relax. We hope that you all had a fun and safe 4th.

4 comments:

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Hey! Sounds like you had so much fun. I am really sad we couldn't come. I am extra sad we missed the fourwheeler ride. I love those. We really miss everyone, please give your kids hugs for us!

i said...

I bet my kids wish their grandpa had a horse and buggy! Looks like you had lots of fun...and more excitement than you bargained for!?!?

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! After being up in Utah for a week surrounded by green-I started wondering what the heck I am doing living in the desert!

Larisa said...

Hey I would love to help plan the reunion. I would like to vote to NOT have it at the elementary school cafeteria....just a suggestion! Wish I could have been there, sounds like you guys had fun. Can't wait to see you agian. You know, we really are not that far from each other now. Did someone say GIRLS weekend?